Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Yesterday... Woke up in London in a 5 bed dorm all to myself. Good sleep. Walked around town for a while. The Strand, Trafalgar Sqaure, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Covent Graden and the big fucking blister on the base of my right foot got worse. There are always street entertainers and such in Covent Graden. There was one guy who was rather good, his main act simply riding his tall unicycle. Sat down in front of the Punch 'n' Judy's pub and watched him entertain the masses. Had a Crownie whilst reading TNT at the Walkabout Inn after that. Very relaxing.

Got my bags, walked to Kings Cross, tubed it to Liverpool St and expressed it to Stansted Airport..... Ryan Air flight FR415 to Glasgow, Scotland. The scenery as I flew in was breathtaking. Forty Five minute train to Central Station, walked to the Hostel and checked in. I arrived to meet a couple of Belguim Lads in my room. Went and Got KFC then walked round town for ages looking for a decent place for a beer. Firstly some little bar club in town then as everything closed at midnight we made it to the Walkabout. Only place that was open. Bought 'em some Aussie beer but they weren't to impressed.. Fell asleep in Glasgow.

So here I am, in a country where all the guys sound like Groundskeeper Willie and the chicks like Shirley Manson. Ya gotta love that!!!

No comments: