Friday, November 21, 2003

The termy is going great! Getting more shifts working behind the bar. With its art decoish style bar and kinda retro style setup there's a good chilled out relaxed vibe to it. Tuesday nights is $5 steak night, Wednesday is bingo. Totally silly with useless cheesy prizes such as jewish kosha cooking videos. DJ on Friday and Saturday nights gets the crowds in. We are opening up a new non smoking cocktail lounge on the weekend. Just to create a slighty different vibe for those who are willing to pay more and relax. Called the departure lounge we hope it'll do well.
I worked tonight but it was rather quiet compared to what it usually is. Actaully last weekend was like that as well. Myself and Marika just cruising along behind the bar often commenting on how quiet it is. Just stuffing around chatting in between serving and cleaning. My bro and Heath came in tonight for a drink. Heath orders a scotch and as i pick up the bottle and turn it upside down to fill the glass the little nip on top fucking well slips off. "Fuck" i say, as scotch pours from the open bottle onto the bench. The others laugh and and so do I. Heath gives me the title of worlds worst barman!

I watched the final of OZ idol at a friends place on Wednesday. Guy won which wasn't a surprise. Definately has an amazing voice. Although, I was going for Shannon. The Aussie battler from the country...

A few shifts also during the week for the Family business. Then there's my spare time just chilling out at home looking for things to do. Tend to get a little bored and frustrated when im sitting around home. Been watching a few DVD's as well.

It's good to be back into the swing of things with work again. Settling down here after being away so long has definately been a bitch! Having to suddenly deal with alot of my own emotional insecurities and trying to readajust not only to the change of pace but the realisation it's time to get off my arse and make something for myself. I still miss it over there though. It was such a wonderful experience. But now there are things at home im realising are just as, if not more so, important and meaningful... I still also miss a certain girl as well...

No comments: