Saturday, October 26, 2002

There was a memorial service yesterday at St Paul's cathedral in remembrence of what happened in Bali. I lined up Wednesday for two hours to get a ticket at the Australian High Commission. Headed down around 3:30pm yesterday for all the necessary secruity checks then sat inside what is an amazing church for the 5pm service. The place was full to the brim and I think there were probably a few more thousand people outside listening in. It was a very moving and beautiful tribute. The Queen, Prince Charles and the Duke of Edinburgh were all in attendence sitting up the front, some 15-20 rows in front of me.

Oh yeah, also started working last night. Landed a job at The Elusive Camel down at Tower bridge. Moved into a shared dorm room, where the staff sleep, above the pub yesterday and spent last night collecting glasses for my first night. Good to be working, they seem like a good crew so we'll see how this goes I guess.

No comments: