Wednesday, September 04, 2002

In Spain now, flew to Madrid Monday, caught a cab to the hotel after the dodgy bastard ripped me off in the cab. Turned the meter off soon as he realized I no speak Espanol. Planned to have a quiet night but met a guy from Ballarat doing my tour so we proceeded to have a few beers which turned into a big night out. Started our tour that night with a welcome meeting etc. 3rd day in and having a good time. It´s a different type group to my last Contiki although poeple are starting to relax more now. Staying in Hotels is also a good luxury. Noticably there´s more Yanks and far less Aussies this time round. Only really have one other Aussie drinking partner. Went for drinks again last night and taught a few of the yanks how to speak Aussie, we tried chatting to the local sinoritas but by not knowing their language everyone just nodded and smiled.....

Now in Cordoba, left the rest of the tour to do my own thing for a few hours before meeting up to get the coach. Just heard the news from home. I feel kinda useless and wish i was there for Simon at the moment. His mum just passed away, kinda sudden. In shock and feel a bit ill....

No comments: