Sunday, July 04, 2004

I awoke this morning feeling not to bad, considering another night out. I didn't try to prove anything last night by consuming lots of the hardcore stuff at a quick rate. There wasn't any need.

After a wonderful dinner with Mum and Dad in Carlton i was supposed to meet Aldrich at Puggs around 9 for birthday drinks. I get driven there after dinner but decide to call to make sure they'd arrived. Still at home... Wasn't going to wait in that place by myself. Not my kinda scene anyway.... A large group of old freinds were congretated in Brunswick St. First time in a while all together. The crowd i used to hang with and shared many beers with week after week back in the day. Decided to start there instead with the intention of heading on later on. Was great seeing everyone, didn't leave 'em. Old days relived almost. In a smallish bar, Labour in Vain we drunk jug after jug and talked meaningful shit all night. The remaining few progressed to Polly at the tail end of the night and ran into more freinds. The Godfather Cocktail was yum. None of this juicy, fruity rubbish. Strong alcohol baby, how they should be drunk. The Termy is on the way home. Yes I went there again at the very end for a quick drink.. Maccas, cab, home...

Weather is an easy topic to bring up but hey, it was a bloody wonderful day today. Drove to Rob's place in East Melbourne then we walked into town, checking out a few shops in Bourke St Mall. Always people. A far cry from good 'ol Tempe town.

There's a movie dad has been meaning to see for a little while now so with an oppurtunity to do so we went to the Jam Factory in Sth Yarra to catch 'The Day After Tomorrow'. Looked good on the big screen but I won't hurry to see it again. Coffee at a little cafe afterwards followed by a souva in Bridge Rd. Good just hanging out with Dad....

On the way there i drove past the pub where she works and saw her in the window as i made a quick glance. Ran into her last night to, we didn't even say a word to each other. I tried to smile and make contact as she walked past but we looked the other way. Awkard and weird.. Bullshit if you ask me... It used to be good..... I never meant to react the way I did and make the comment i did, I'd take it back if i could. I should've just held my breath, but being blown off, ignored then subtly having it rubbed in my face was a little painful. A reaction only natural?...

I don't mind that things didn't work out. I just don't like ending these sort of things on bad terms. It's always hard when your the dump/ee as oppossed to the dump/er. And even though I always new when we were hanging out that we had nothing or little in common it's still just a little annoying. When your looking for something real but it seems most of the time the fake, plastic short term is all you get and all you can take comfort in and even that doesnt last.

Hows that song go i so love?..
"This one goes out to the one I love, this goes one goes out to the one I left behind.. Another Prop to occupy my time"

I then thought about someone special tonight from my past. Still wonder if only.

My that was a deep and personal little vent session. Does this ramble belong here?? And now for something completely different.

Im going to Perth on Thursday. Bring it on Baby.

No comments: