Monday, May 31, 2004

Things are so quiet and peaceful when there's no one else around. Maybe to much so. With Damo in London doing what I already have, and the folks away on a well deserved trip in Canada, it leaves me with the house to myself. On one hand it's great. Im responsible for it all and I like that independence. But, on the other hand it gets quiet and a little lonely when im here. I am close to my family. I try not to spend all that to much time here lately, and when i do i eat, sleep or watch a movie or whatever.

Today no work, blue sky, sun.

For something to do i went into town, parked the car near Rod Laver and went for a walk in the Domain. Not that often I get down there. I sometimes forget how wonderful this city is and wish that i spent more time being a part of it rather than living in the 'burbs. Oblivious and detached from so much that goes on. Day's like today made me reavulate where I am and wonder why i am still here?

Checked out the music bowl, memories from the '95 REM gig came flooding back. Went for a walk along Southbank and ate a souva by the river. There's quite alot of residential apartments in that area and I thought about 'what If' I lived there. How good it would be to be in that part of town. So close to the city, the arts precinct, the gardens. whatever.... I realised that I don't belong here anymore. For me the grass is always greener on the other side. I need challenge, meaning, purpose.

Work is still going well I guess. Not quite as many hours but still enough to make up a full 35-40 week. Think I'll cook some dinner. Going to head out for a while tonight with soem friends. Better watch my money though, went a bit silly on Saturday night and tossed way to much money and scotch down the urinal......

No comments: