Sunday, December 09, 2001

HYDE PARK
Spent a while this afternoon sitting by the lake down at Hyde Park with Julz and Carmel. Despite the cold there was still blue sky and lots of people around enjoying the day. People walking, running, rollerblading or just sitting down talking as we were doing. It's really beautiful down there and it's right across the road from my apartment. My own backyard and it's great. I reckon the temperature dropped about 10c in about 20 minutes come 3pm. Went from bearable to numbing, which was a good signal to leave. Headed home and got my thermal underwear on before heading on down to High St Kensington for a look around at some of the shops etc. At the Easy Everything Internet place now as I write this.

Was kinda convinced that going home isn't such a bad idea afterall. Both of the girls have done so themselves during the past year and half they've been away and said it's easy to come back if you really want. I'm settling in and love it here now though. The freedom here is comforting, there's always somewhere to go and someone to go out with not to mention the fact you've got the whole of Europe at your doorstep, but Summer at home is also nice thought. Not ready to go home but also ready for a holiday home even though it may seem somewhat boring compared to here. I'll miss the nights at the pub straight after work and the weekends of pubbing and clubbing with all the different freinds i've made here. But I do intend to come back so.

No comments: